1a) I have had several jobs before, and always have been on time and maintained composure while working.
1b) I have had several jobs before and always have been on time and maintained composure while working.
1c) Hacker 32d pg. 274
2a) Throughout the email to my supervisor I was conscious of my grammar.......
2b) Throughout the email to my supervisor, I was conscious of my grammar.......
2c) Hacker 32b pg. 271
3a) This email is very unlike the one I sent to my boss, it actually sounds like me.
3b) This email is very unlike the one I sent to my boss; it actually sounds like me.
3c) Hacker 32e pg. 275
4a) The way the email was composed does not fit me at all, it does not sound like me in the slightest.
4b) The way the email was composed does not fit me at all it does not sound like me in the slightest.
4c) Hacker 32e pg. 275
5a) The language I used in this email quick, straight to the point, easy for my boss to read, and made sense.
5b) The language I used in this email was quick, straight to the point, easy for my boss to read, and made sense.
5c) Hacker 10a pg. 88
6a) My writing uses a very different technique.......
6b) My writing uses a very different technique when speaking with my boss versus my friend.......
6c) Hacker 17e pg. 133 (My original sentence was too vague and this section talks about formality which I think fits)
7a) I used an apologetic tone in order to appeal to my boss, and hope for sensitivity towards my situation.
7b) I used an apologetic tone in order to appeal to my boss and hope for sensitivity towards my situation.
7c) Hacker 32d pg. 274
8a) As a student who goes to sleep at night because they have work in the morning, not as a kid who stays up late doing the wrong things.
8b) I wanted my boss to think of me as a student who goes to sleep at night because they have work in the morning, not as a kid who stays up late doing the wrong things.
8c) Hacker 19b pg. 152
9a) I constructed a false persona. I try appealing to my audience......
9b) I constructed a false persona. I tried appealing to my audience......
9c) Hacker 21a pg. 165
10a) By composing the email the way I did I got away with missing work........
10b) By composing the email the way I did, I got away with missing work........
10c) Hacker 32b pg. 271
Going back and looking through my first essay showed me a lot. I learned that my grammar is terrible, especially with commas (I may be mis-using the comma in this sentence). I think I add way too many commas when writing. When writing I think of how I would speak which involves a lot of pauses, but I guess in writing all those commas aren't needed. The Hacker book is really good, it talks about everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment